The Memories We Create

Monday, October 12, 2015

Why must weekends fly by. Time has already sped up times a million since I had McKenna, but man the weekends go by so so fast, too fast. But our weekends are always just the best! This weekend was totally awesome, we got to enjoy each other, family, friends and this beautiful fall weather. After going crazy on our house the past few weekends (or really since March when we bought it), painting the house, foundation, decks, garage doors, tearing down fences, building shelves, shoveling stone, always doing some project (G does mostly all this while McKenna and I cheer him on- I don't know if he sees it as cheering him on or slowing him down, but I know he enjoys it 😁) - we had some much needed time just enjoying the finer things in life. 


I tend to be a little picture crazy since I had my little- I was before her, but now! There are times when my phone and camera are put away- promise. But these times go by so fast and I love to flood our home with such happy memories. I also love to have them to send back and forth between G and I when he's on the road. I won't show them all to him but then send him them throughout the days, I know it makes him happy and that in return makes me happy. Not to mention, my little has the best smile for the camera... Most of the time! 




See! She really knows how to cheese it up. I couldn't be a happier Momma when she smiles, and then when she smiles with her Daddy- well that is just perfection. A few highlights of the weekend were dinner with my family Friday night for my Fathers birthday, dinner with Garett's family Saturday night and Sunday Garett's father and his now wife Donna got married. 


My Dads a Harley man and of course got McKenna this onesie- so she had to wear it on his birthday. It was a yummy dinner, my stepmom always makes the best home cooked meals- turkey, stuffing, squash, green bean casserole, goodness I'm getting hungry just thinking about it again. My stepsister and her family came over and we enjoyed dinner. McKenna must have been grumpy knowing her Grandpa was getting older because she did a lot of crying- G and I found ourselves outside walking her up and down the street in her carrier trying to get her to calm down- and she did... Eventually.  It was just a preview of what she probably plans on doing for Gram once she babysits - or not! Who knows- she's still a love. Happy Birthday to my Dad, McKennas Grandpa- he'll never see this because computers are foreign to him (he still has a flip phone!) but we love him very much and can't wait to spend many more with him. And much love and thanks to my stepmom for always filling our bellies with the yummiest food. 




Saturday we did some house things, once again Kenna and I cheering Daddy on! 






Then dinner with G's family. Opposite of Friday, McKenna was a little character! Laughing and cracking up the entire time. Oh yes, and she can now blow raspberries- she likes to do it all the time, and I don't mind, it cracks me up! I was so very thankful because we were at a restaurant and well, I still get a little anxious bringing her out like that... Don't want to scare everyone out of the restaurant. But really what's the worse that we'd have to do? Leave. I've been a lot better because she's been a lot better with crying and going longer periods of time without eating- so slowly!  First time mom anxieties. We are getting there. 

Sunday! What a beautiful fall day with such a creative ceremony! The ceremony was on a boat and the reception was right off the Connecticut river outside under a pavilion. All decorated in fall decor (I totally scored some decor to take home- more and more just kept ending up in the truck ;) - don't know how that happened!) but all in all it was a bittersweet day. And McKenna was absolutely incredible. From start to finish, dad watched her while Mom got ready and Mom watched while Dad got ready- which made me start thinking about how on earth to parents get ready for such events with more than one child!? Holy smokes. I guess someday maybe I'll see! She did so good the entire day and even fell asleep in her car seat on the way home (wait! What!). I think she also did so well because we were outside all day- something about being outside my little loves. She can be screaming at the top of her lungs and I'll walk out on the porch and she'll calm down (a lot of the time). Between the outdoors, my wraps, and carriers- all complete saviors! I also wore high heels. I'm suprised my ankles are still in one piece. First time I've worn high heels since the babe was born- ... Good thing I brought back up. 

I was happy I could be apart of a special day and there for my man. The bride and groom were happy and enjoying life. I've learned so far throughout this life that it makes my life more full to be happy for happy people. And so much more enjoyable. I've helped G realize that too, hey that's what couples are for right, to always better one another. And not to mention I'm such a sucker for love. I love love, I love seeing people in love, sharing love, I love seeing people love their family, friends, pets, love hobbies, their careers, food. I'm just a believer in love of all things.  Life is so short, that you have to love hard. It was a day filled with good people, beautiful weather, smiles, and love. It was also filled with a very well behaved baby! Woohoo!

I'm excited to say I got some really great pictures. All in all it was a great weekend. Now my man is back to work and we are already missing him so. Weekends go by entirely too fast, but I'm so grateful for all the memories we make. 




I'm such a lucky, blessed (and happy!) lady to have all these absolutely incredible people in my life. I hope we all take the time to love the people around us everyday. To talk to them, be silly with them, and love them. 

2 comments:

  1. That jacket! I am dying! Not to mention that sweet face ;) What an adorable little family you have, Ellen! Very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the jacket and I had to get it. The stuff they have out there is just incredible! I try not to go crazy knowing she won't be in it for long, but it's so hard! Teehee. As I am very happy for you. Your family is the perfect four 💜 so cool we are sll having kids, man does time fly.

      Delete

 
TEMPLATE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS